CurrentTrack U.S. - Handsets
In the hyper-competitive U.S. mobile phone market, understanding the market is important, but it is not enough – you need to execute. Current Analysis CurrentTrack – U.S. Handsets provides the pricing, features, and availability data that carriers and device vendors need for optimal execution. This data helps carriers evaluate their product mix – and enables vendors to see where opportunities lie. When pricing and promotions change, you need to discover these changes and quickly respond. CurrentTrack – U.S. Handsets provides quantitative pricing, availability, features, and trend analysis in the following broad categories:
- Prepaid Phones (featurephones and smartphones)
- Contract Phones (featurephones and smartphones)
- Contract Smartphones (for smartphone-only vendors)
Updated monthly (and weekly for web pricing), the service provides vendors, carriers, and retailers with a snapshot of the competitive landscape for wireless phones, enabling you to react to competitive shifts in the market:
- Discover and react as new products launch and others are discontinued
- Track real-world pricing including promotions, rebates, price shifts, and regional variances
- Track channel availability monthly and trend over time
- Track pricing over time to better time price reductions
- Trend functionality over time – including connectivity (3G, 4G variants), and screen sizes
- Full access to the underlying data is provided for your own queries, including historical data for trending analysis
- Analyst inquiry time is included for additional insights and to help answer your specific questions.
The CurrentTrack – U.S. Handsets service provides multiple data sets and reports to meet a variety of quantitative needs:
- Handset Retail Tracking – Retail data from dealer and carrier-owned stores showing pricing, including mail-in and instant rebates, and presence. Provides a national view using mode pricing across ten tracked markets Prepaid and postpaid data is available. Data is provided in Excel format with trending included and can be viewed or queried directly online as well. Local views are also available sans trending. Updated monthly.
- Markets include Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Francisco, and Seattle.
- Tracked stores include AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Leap Wireless, MetroPCS, and U.S. Cellular carrier-owned stores, along with Best Buy, Dollar General, Family Dollar, K-Mart, RadioShack, Target, and Wal-Mart.
- Carriers tracked include AT&T, Sprint (including iDEN), T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, MetroPCS, Leap Wireless, U.S. Cellular, Straight Talk, Net10, Tracfone, and ReadyMobile
- Handset Web Tracker – Carrier web pricing and availability across five markets, with various viewing and search options. Includes a Monday 10 AM alert that highlights new phones, price changes, and product sunsets. Updated weekly.
- Markets include Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and Seattle.
- Carriers tracked include AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile, Leap Wireless, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, and TracFone.
- Mobile Handset Promotion Database – Features all retail promotional activity (mail-in rebates, gift cards, BOGOs, unique discounts, etc.) sponsored by carriers and dealer partners. Updated monthly, with optional weekly view of readily availablehandset promotion data.
- Handset Price Trendlines – Features trending analysis on retail prices by carrier, manufacturer and device technology. Updated monthly.
- Carrier Handset Profile Reports – Comprehensive shelf share and price trending analysis of each national carrier’s handset portfolios. Updated monthly.
- U.S. Mobile Device Specs Database – Database of specs for both prepaid and postpaid handsets, retail and web combined, including current and upcoming (announced) models. Provided in Excel format for easy queries and trending based on whatever metrics matter to you. Updated monthly.
|Avi Greengart ► Bio
||Follow Avi on
|Meredith Eitt ► Bio
||Peter Han ► Bio
We feel confident that this coverage will provide you with the great competitive intelligence that you need to understand the near-term threats and opportunities in this dynamic marketplace. If you have any questions, please contact your account representative, email Current Analysis at email@example.com, or fill out the following form.